To achieve quality eyecare, VISION 2020 – INDIA works with member institutions improving their capacity to provide quality services. . To build human resource capacity, VISION 2020 – INDIA has designed hospital based clinical and non-clinical training programs keeping in mind the importance of quality in eye care services. We partner with leading eye care institutes in developing best practices manuals on various relevant topics which would serve as a guide to adhering to quality. We also work towards enabling member institutions in conducting quality assessments at their institutes so that they can do a thorough review of their systems and are prepared for NABH accreditation.
Activities for achieving quality eye care:
- Advocacy with the government to develop quality protocols and share relevant resources with the government
- Peer Reviewed Quality Assessment: to assess the gaps in quality in all departments of a hospital and develop a plan to address them
- Hospital Management Information System: For improving the quality of services being rendered to patients by streamlining processes and improved monitoring.
- Facilitate various training programs to build capacity across cadres: Hospital Based Skill Transfer Programme.
- Develop manuals on best practices: these are protocols and guideline in not just in providing quality eye care but also quality systems in hospitals.